Her summary and advice to us, nicely highlights some of the 10 points we emphasize:
- Your responsibility is to be clear about your vision (goal). Then you can ask others to help. (Goal clarity and Ask help in solving problems)
- There is a lot of assistance out there for entrepreneurs if you look for it: I learned bookkeeping from a volunteer group of retired accountants. (Ask help in solving problems and Keep Learning)
- Surround yourself with people who support you. A lot of people said I was crazy to start my own business as a single mom. But I had a few people who believed in me. (again focus on Resources)
- Be okay with the knowledge that you won’t know how to do everything right away and trust that you can learn. (Keep Learning)
- Create a “mastermind group” – 2 or 3 people who are willing to have you bounce ideas off them every few weeks. I kept my group going for 10 years. (Resources and Keep Learning)
Here you see our story and our 10 points of management applied to real life!
Send us an email with your real life stories.